Fun in the Sun + Award Time

So here it is, that time of year. . . one of the most stressful times for all teachers.  We have assessments, parent conferences, deadlines, meetings, planning, paperwork, cranky kids, cranky teachers so what should any teacher do at this time of the year???  My answer - go on a cruise for a week to the Bahamas!!!! I know, I know, I can't believe I did it either but it was SOOOOOO worth it.


In my defense this was the only time of the year that my best friend and her family could go on their family vacation so when she asked if I wanted to join them I said count me in.  Also, keep in mind that I only took ONE DAY OFF all school year and that was to attend a workshop so I think I deserved a break.  A HUGE shout out to my partners in crime friends Hall, Hinson and Lewis for their help keeping my school/personal life together while I was gone. Also big thanks to my principal for giving me permission to take my pre-summer break.

When I came back I was so excited to see that I won my very first award.


A very special thank you to Sara from Miss Elementary and to Jenny from Fantastic Fun In First Grade for giving me this award.  I love both of their blogs so be sure to swing by and check them out.  I promise to go back and follow the rules of this award but right now I have a gazillion things to do to get ready for school. . . did I mention I was gone on vacation for a week and only have NINE DAYS LEFT IN THE YEAR??!??!??  I need to get to work and stop blog hopping  checking my emails.

4 comments

  1. I'm super jealous of your trip! Congrats on your award :)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands & Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award and your trip! That is really great that your school allowed you to go! Thank you for stopping by my blog - I am glad that found each other and can be blog friends. You have great ideas and I am really looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is so cute! I just love the stars and kids and the colors.
    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can pick it up here http://www.firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com/2012/07/first-day-of-school-linky-party-and.html
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.