Currently - November

WHAT??!! The November Currently is popping up on the sidebar on my computer. . . REALLY??!!??  I actually did a double take but yep, it's that time of the month.  I'm linking up with the Fantamolous Farley for one of my favorite parties.  So here is what I am currently up to.
Farley, I LOVE having music as the new category this month.  I use a lot of great kid songs in my classroom to help teach my kids concepts and to help with transitions.  Last year thanks to blogging, I found Have Fun Teaching songs and videos and my kids love them.  If you want to check out their site just scroll down and click on the link on my sidebar.  If you want to join the party with Farley (hey that rhymes how cool is that??) then CLICK HERE and link up.

So what else have I been currently up to?  Honestly during October I couldn't tell if I was coming or going. In class we had: nutrition classes, fire fighters visit, a picnic, a tea party, pink and purple day, terrific tie Tuesday, 4 birthdays, storybook festival, crazy hair day, silly socks day, pajamas day, 50's day and Halloween. Oh and by the way I still had meetings every week, report cards and conferences with all of my parents.  No wonder I'm pooped.  Thankfully my kids just go with the flow of craziness.  The topper to my month was that Halloween and the 50th day of school were on the same day so. . .

In the morning I celebrated Halloween with my kindergarten students by having a storybook parade with the kindergarten team.
We dressed up like a pumpkin patch after reading the story Too Many Pumpkins
Then presto chango I went to celebrate the 50th Day with my First Graders and the first grade team.  WHEW, what a day.  
Yes, I'm actually holding a rotary phone
Thanks again to my friends for all of your help keeping my sanity this month.  Hopefully November won't be such a crazy hot mess.  Well I'm off to do my rule of 3 and then get my Monday Made It ready to link up with Tara next week.  SHINE on everyone   

6 comments

  1. I love your pumpkins for the parade. Your students are too cute!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's crazy that your 50th day of school and Halloween party were on the same day! What cute pictures you have:-D


    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin cream cheese sounds divine! I want some STAT. I have an old rotary phone in my classroom for the kids to use, too. They love it. Here in Vero, we got the day off last Friday (due to Sandy) and that totally screwed up our days count. It's a good thing you are magical because all of that presto chango's sound exhausting!
    ~Andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! The pumpkins are adorable! I want some apple fritters now! They are making my mouth water just hearing about them!


    Come check out my currently!
    Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your kids dressed up as pumpkins! Very cute idea!

    MrsMc from Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stacy! I was just thinking of the days in school count- 100 was on a Friday, yay... I'm thinking I'm going to pursued my friends at school to count our Sandy day to keep 100 from moving to Monday! And we LOVE the have fun teaching videos! And Jack Hartmann is my go to teaching cd's. I even spent one summer figuring our when I teach each the skills and organized all of the songs into monthly cd's. :) jh

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.