Monday Made It ~ GinoBond

Today I am FINALLY linking up with the super sweet Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her linky party Monday Made It.



You know how there are some bloggers out there who are just full of nothing but teaching fabulosity, well that is how I feel about Reagan from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits.  This weekend as soon as I saw this post on her blog I KNEW I had to have this for my classroom.
Her post is called Math Concepts Galore and it is full of some great ideas.  If you want to read her post or see pictures of how cute her son is as he is making this GINOrmous number bond then click here.
These are all of the supplies that I used to make my "GinoBond".  Ginormous + Number Bond = GinoBond.
STEP 1:  Mark off the pool noodle with a Sharpie.  I cut my noodles every 2 inches so I was able to get 22 pieces from each noodle.
STEP 2:  Use a knife to cut the pool noodle.  TIP:  I placed a piece of cardboard under my noodles as I was cutting them.
STEP 3:  Use the knife to cut a slit halfway through your noodle piece. TIP: I cut where my blue dots were so that you wouldn't notice the dot that much (yes, I'm a little nutty like that).
STEP 4: Now you are ready to slip your noodle pieces around the hula hoop to practice making the parts of whatever number you are working on with your class.

Just a note: Remember my nutty comment from step 3??? Well . . . I didn't like the way that the hula hoop colors clashed with my noodle choices so I wrapped painters tape around my hula hoop but you don't have to do that.

So there you have it a super simple way to work with your class on number bonds / fact families. Thanks Reagan for always making me look good in front of my kids.

Well, I'm off to check out the other Monday Made It posts.
SHINE on everyone

No comments

Powered by Blogger.