Viva Las Vegas ~ 2014

So last summer I was GREEN with envy as I watched all of the pictures coming across my Instagram feed from all of the bloggers who were in Vegas at the I Teach K conference.  I promised myself then that NO MATTER WHAT, I was going to be there and this year I did it.
I'm not going to lie people. . . it was one of THE BEST decisions that I have made.  It was AMAZING!!!!  I met so many people, sat in on some great sessions and laughed and smiled all week long.  Here are a few collages from my week.




Vegas has tons of fun things to do but if you are a primary teacher DO NOT skip out on attending the sessions.  I attended sessions on Reading, Math, Science and Technology.  I have so many ideas to share with you guys so stay tuned.

The exhibit hall is FILLED with so many great vendors who are all there to help make your teaching life easier.  My favorite booth there were the GoNoodle crew.  If you aren't noodling with your class you have no idea what you are missing.  Seriously people, click here if you are looking for a way to work smarter not harder next year. 
One of the best parts about Vegas was connecting with some of the bloggers and Instagramers who I have been following for years.  It was like my computer / phone came alive.  Just walking around and BAM there they are smiling and just as happy to meet you as you are to meet them. . . it was great.
At the meet-up that night the smile-fest continued.  Do you see some of the teaching superstars that are in this picture.  Everyone above has done something to help me in my teaching life so how can you help but be in awe of that???
The formula is pretty easy ~ Vegas + good friends = GREAT TIME.  
If you are on the fence about going to Vegas next year I will tell you the truth, it ain't cheap.  I took some notes for myself to help me remember how to curb some costs for next year that I'll be sharing with you guys here on the blog.  So yes, going to Vegas IS expensive (I mean $4.00 for a soda is kind of over the top) but the memories and friends that you will make from the experience are PRICELESS.
I'm joining the Vegas linky party with A Burst of First.  You know what they say ~ what happens in Vegas gets talked about on your blog so CLICK HERE to see all of the other 2014 Vegas posts. 

Well I'm off to finish my laundry from my trip. . . well let's be honest, right after I check my Instagram feed (click here)
SHINE on everyone

1 comment

  1. Are you overwhelmed by the demands of your Take My Class? Leave it to me! I'm Thomas, an experienced professional who will take charge of your coursework and deliver outstanding results.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.