Since I haven't posted since December (yikes that's crazy) I'm going to put a little twist on my five pictures this week. So here are five things that make me happy this year.
1. QR codes ~ I learned how to make these last summer when I was teaching a summer workshop with one of my good friends and I have been obsessed ever since then. Whole group, small group, center time you name it and you can use a QR code with it.
2. Math Time ~ My kids this year are really good at math and I think it's because of the way I have incorporated morning math meeting and math partners into my math block. Total sidenote thanks to instagram for introducing me to the blue plates in the picture. . . they are perfect dry erase boards.
3. Teamwork ~ Every year I work REALLY hard at the beginning of the year to create a classroom environment that is supportive, nurturing and caring. This hard work at the beginning has really paid off with my class this year. They are so great at working together and it really helps to make my job easier.
4. Parental Support ~ For safety reasons this year our school changed our arrival and dismissal procedures so I don't get a chance to interact one-on-one with my parents as much as I have in the past but let me tell you they are there supporting me. Backpacks, folders, homework assignments, book bags, forms, permission slips, box tops all for the most part, get returned when they are suppose to be. I teach at a Title One school so I try not to ask for too much from my parents but when I do this is what I get, over 200 pre-filled eggs for our Easter egg math activity. . . see what I mean, they ROCK!!!
5. My Friends ~ I cannot say enough about the friends that I have in my life. Here are just some of the people who have helped me keep my sanity over the years. One of my favorite quotes is from Oprah where she says to "Surround yourself only with people who are going to lift you higher." I am blessed to have so many of these types of friends in my life.
So there you have it, five things that make me happy. I plan on doing some blog posts specifically on some of these things so stay tuned. Well I'm off to check my Instagram feed.
SHINE on everyone!